SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA
by Mark Steimer
Director: Meredith Fogle
AUDITION DATES: Thursday, September12th and Friday, September 13th, 7:00 PM at the Old Line Properties Office, 361 Main Street, Gaithersburg 20878 (Kentlands)
CALLBACKS (if necessary, by invitation only): Sunday, September 15
PERFORMANCE DATES: November 22nd and 23rd at the Gaithersburg Arts Barn
- Audition forms will be available at the door
- Please bring a theatrical resume and headshot (if you have one). Pictures may also be taken upon arrival for reference
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. You may also bring a brief (one minute or less) prepared monologue to present
- Please be prepared to present a list of conflicts from September through November
- Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shoulda Coulda Woulda is an interactive play about five community theatre volunteers holding auditions for an upcoming production. The audience becomes the group gathered to audition for the play-within-the-play. Surrounding the two scenes in which audience members audition by reading scenes from the play-within-the-play, guided by the production crew, we get a peek into some of the background drama behind the auditions. We also find out that two of the crew members have recently found themselves in a budding romance after years of shared friendship.
ALL ROLES OPEN, Non-Union/Non-Paid
Ronni Schwartz (Mid-40s): Quirky and invincible theatre producer.
Paul Taylor (Late-40s): Shy and cerebral but highly confident PhD Agronomist with a passion for directing plays.
Susan Klein (60s): Edgy but passionate assistant director.
Kelly Schwartz, Production Assistant (16): Bright, straightforward, pragmatic to a fault, high-school student.
Barton Schwartz (17): Easy-going and self-confident (even if a little socially awkward) high-school student.